The Kimmel Group, Inc. has been specializing in providing technology consulting services since 1995. These services are designed to assist organizations as they provide a robust, enterprise system for their customers; the end-users.
We are certified consultants in Microsoft Technologies including Windows Desktop, Server, Exchange, SharePoint and Office 365. We are also a Microsoft Cloud Partner, Google Apps Reseller and an E-Rate Service Provider. We are in the process of joining Cisco’s Partner Program.
We are professional consultants with vast technical expertise that allow us to provide strategic, enterprise planning and IT solutions for our customers.
We take pride in providing high level customer-service and track our service delivery on a quarterly basis with Customer Service Level surveys (CSLs).
In keeping with our customer focus, we provide nothing less than top quality talent on all projects.
Lonnie N. Stanley, Founder, CEO and Managing Consultant
Lonnie has over 30 years experience in I.T. planning, management, support, training, desktop technologies, E-Mail and handheld/mobile devices. As a college student, Lonnie worked in campus computer labs supporting other students and using BITNET, the predecessor to the modern-day Internet, to communicate with colleagues around the world.
In 1989, as an E-Mail Administrator, Lonnie deployed the first corporate E-Mail system for the City of Norfolk (IBM Profs) and as a consultant in 1995, he designed the first Enterprise E-Mail System for the City of Philadelphia. Lonnie designed that system using Lotus cc:Mail and has designed subsequent upgrades and consolidations based on Lotus Domino R5, R6 and R7. Lonnie’s design supported a user base that grew from 1,000 to over 17,000.
Lonnie holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a concentration in Management Information Systems from Old Dominion University and completed a certificate program from The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. Lonnie has maintained various technical certifications from IBM/Lotus, Microsoft and Blackberry since 1993. He currently provides project management and team leadership for The Kimmel Group.
As Managing Consultant, Lonnie is responsible for defining and implementing service offerings, managing business relationships, and leading the consulting team. He also consults on various projects as an e-mail, Cloud and mobile device expert. Read his LinkedIn Profile for more information.
The Kimmel Group incorporated on December 5, 1994 and started business in early 1995. At a time when Lotus cc:Mail and Novell GroupWise were dominating the industry, we helped introduce Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes to some of the largest entities in Philadelphia and New York.
- In 1998, when mobile access to corporate e-mail was unheard of, we were touting the first Blackberry, the 850 on the Skytel network.
- In 2000, we expanded our service offerings to include Desktop and Server upgrades and management.
- In 2004, we introduced Executive Technology Support Team ( E.T.S.T.) to our existing customer base.
- In 2005, we deployed our first Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) to support 300 corporate devices.
- In 2007 we started hosting Anti-SPAM solutions for our customers.
- 2008 we introduction our TKG.Ed solution for K-12 schools with the federal government’s E-Rate program.
- The Fall of 2009 saw our first Cloud E-mail migration.
- In 2010, our wireless mobility offerings grew to include the BES Express solution for small and medium businesses and Microsoft ActiveSync deployments for iOS and Android devices.
- 2012 was dominated by the growth of our cloud offerings and TKG.Ed solutions.
- In 2018 we added our first Delaware customer
- In 2020, we met the challenge of COVID-19 by holding the first Virtual Council Meeting and the first Virtual Budget Hearing for Philadelphia
Celebrating over 25 years of Making Technology Work for You